Monday, June 22, 2009

What happened over the past few days...

Hey there....hope everyone is well.

Let me go back a couple of days.

Friday...I took the work bus to the apartment complex that long term people and their families stay in, to stay with my new friend Bonnie and her husband Jeff (ex Bruce Power). They are from Sauble Beach. She was on my flight over coming to stay with Jeff for 6 mths..anyways.

So, I get there and Bonnie mets me at the bus. Wow..what an awesome community!! Lots of buildings..lots of kids and people. So we go up to their apt. They are only on the 2nd floor, so we walk through the automatic sliding doors and up the stairs to the sensored lit hallways. Cool!

The door has a electronic touch pad code lock....very high tech...again...Cool!

We walk in, and holy crap!!! I've died and gone to heaven! This two bedroom apt is drop dead gorgeous! The colours, the hardwood, the modernized fixtures. The setup..the spacious rooms.. I love it!!! Here's some pics...doesn't do justice, but gives you an idea. The kitchen sink faucet is controlled by pushing a silver plate on the floor...works like a gas/brake pedal in a car..except there are no peddles. Just a flat silver piece.

They have a garbage disposal, and they have a little sink with a lid on the side of the sink..it washes vegetables and dishes. It's just a little deep compartment that washes in the counter. Their cupboards when they are pulled out, have shelves that you pull down, so you can reach the top shelf. Now that's what I need at home...no more climbing on the counter!! LOL

There are 2 bathrooms, with heated toilet seats. I should have taken a pic. There are alot of buttons on the side of the toilet in Korean...so I'm too sure what it actually did...for all I know it could be like a Kirby and pop popcorn....it wouldn't surprise me!!! The master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom..with a gorgeous shower. Very very nice tile job!! Their dining area / sunroom over look the park at the complex.

These apartments are awesome!!! Very very nice!



More pics on facebook.

So, after we had a few beers and freshened up, Bonnie and I go over to the "Maple Leaf Lounge" to meet Jeff. Now that's a cool bar. Just a little bar..one pooltable. But the music and atmosphere was cool! I met alot of people from work that I didn't know. Some I knew them from putting them through training, but some I didn't know at all. Most of the workers come from our Sheridan Park and LePreaux offices. Only Dave and Darrin are local boys. Bonnie did take a pic of Darrin and I, but she hasn't emailed it to me yet.

After a few wobbly pops and some good laughs, we staggered back to the apt. This time MY Supervisor is with us. She is awesome. We had a few more beers, laughs and Bonnie whipped up some h'or dovers. They were good...from what I remember!

Saturday, we take off to go on a road trip. We pick up my Supervisor (Gisele) at work at noon...yep..she went in after a night of brew...she's a trooper!! LOL
Bonnie, Gisele and I go out for a typical Korean lunch and have Bulgogi soup. It was delicious!! Here's a few pics of our lunch.




We sat at the normal tables, because I wouldn't be able to sit on the floor, because of my knee. But this is what the other part of the restaurant looked like.


After lunch, we drove up the coast of the Sea of Japan to the cith of Pohang. Along the way, we stopped at some fishing villages. Yes, I handled it. Plugged my nose alot, but I did it :)

Squid!!


Escargots!!! As big as my hand!!


Saturday was a great outing...alot of driving, and alot of sight seeing. Check out facebook for more pics.

Sunday was supposed to go on a bus trip with a girl from our Sheridan Park office, but we were told that it was supposed to rain. It is now the rainy season (monsoon season), so we decided not to go. We would have had to book on Saturday. Needless to say, it was gorgeous on Sunday!! So, hopefully next weekend we will venture out on a tour to see some temples and some tombs.

Instead of the outting I went shopping at the local grocery store. I couldn't really take pics, because it was really busy, and they are as aggresive with their carts as they are with their cars!! Move or be moved....so, maybe another day, when it's not so busy, I'll snap some shots of their store.

We hit McDonald's, just to say we did it. I had a big mac..and yes, it was a big mac. I heard to stay away from the Bulgogi burger, as apparently it is not bulgogi.



After shopping I decided to lay around the pool for the rest of the afternoon. A day of rest....just what the dr ordered.



1 comment:

  1. Great story N, nice to see you having a good time. Weather here is finally cooperating.

    ReplyDelete