Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, June 15, 2009

Today I was to start work. BUT, I got a phone call while I was down at breakfast. My security clearance is not in, so I can't go to work today. I was looking forward to going, but then again, I'm looking at it as a blessing in disguise. I feel like crap! This cold is really bogging me down.

So, I finish eating, come up and change, and head to the lobby for a taxi to take me to the "Home Plus". Apparently it's like a Walmart. Great! Shopping!! LOL I get in the cab, and we get to the store, and it's closed. Doesn't open til 10am...current time was 730Am!!! What do I do?? I see a McDonald's in the adjoining parking lot, but didn't really want to sit there for that long period of time. I try to communicate with the cabbie and he is desperately trying to understand. He calls over a young girl and she calls a friend on her cell phone, and passes it to me. It's someone she knows that speaks English! So, I tell the guy that I need a pharmacy more than a shopping mall. I pass the phone back, and the cabbie listens, and bows to me. I think he understands.

We drive around Gyeongju for a few more minutes. I'm taking in all the sites. The city is fairly modern, but all signs are in Korean. Nice architecture, and farming fields in the middle of the city. Very cool. I see the kids dressed in their school uniforms all getting on the buses. I see older people in the fields, and setting up their street markets.

We pull around a corner, and there in big letters "PHARMACY". Whew...we made it :) I run in and get 2 boxes of what I believe is equivalent to Sinutab, and she gives me this little shot bottle of straight up Vitamin C. She says "drink now". SO I did. I took two of the pills and am hoping that by mid day I fell better. Sitting here now, my sweats are gone, and my cough seems to be in control. I am also drinking Green Tea, so that could be helping too.

The taxi driver took a couple of pics for me. These are downtown Gyeongjui.



Just finished chatting with Jonas on MSN............I love you buddy!! Miss you!


Well, after a restful morning...only because the tablets I bought made me drowsy...I decided to go for a little stroll to see if I could find some half decent stuff for my lunches.

I found a little quaint convenient store that had the basics. I bought a pair of apples (that's how they were sold), a box of crackers and a chunk of cheese, and 2 ready to eat Mr Noodle type noodles. That's good for me.

I took some pics along the way. Hope you enjoy them.

This, I believe, is an amphitheatre.



The variety store which I found my food!! It's the green painted store.



Just a random shot. I just love the architectural designs of the buildings around here!!

... and this is where I lay my weary head to rest.....Not to sure what's up with all the chairs lined up out front. There are some conventions going on, so maybe it's got to do with one of them.





Til later.....


Miss my 3 men

1 comment:

  1. Hey N, Nice blog.. I admire your patience to pull this off. I think I'd be a tad too lazy to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete