Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not to much going on today


Sunday, June 14, 2009

COOL! I get to listen to The Bull!!! (94.5).....AWESOME! It comes in loud and clear! Feels like home now! LOL Listening to Drew Stefani and he's playing Van Halen!! Awesome!!

Not to much happening today with this girl. Not only do I have jet lag, but I have a heck of a cold!! I brought everything except cough medicine (oh yeah...and scissors)!

Luckily for me, my neighbour and co worker Gary has a buddy here already, that is coming to visit him today. He's gonna ask him to pick me up something instead of me having to hike looking for a pharmacy.

So I went to have breakfast this morning, and came across this little Korean boy wearing a set of overalls that had "Thomas the Tank" on them. I had to smile. He had LOTS of hair....he reminded me of Nick when he was small. The little boy saw me smile, and he gave me a bow, which in their custom is a sign of respect and a hello. OMG..he was adorable. I think he was around 3 yrs old. Just a little guy. Cute as a button. There are soooo many kids here! Parent's must make good coin! LOL

The food was good. They have lots of what we would see on a buffet. Yes, I said buffet!! I'm the buffet queen!! They had tater tots! Jonas, you'd love the breakfast here buddy.....
There are some dishes that are Korean. I had a few different things, including green chicken! I looked interesting, but tasted awesome. Guess I could have taken pics, but didn't think of it this morning. Sorry....will try to get some another day.


This afternoon I went for a dip in the pool. Nice eh? Behind it is the outdoor pool, that opens on June 20th. It has a swim up bar!! Great place to hang out and get some sun.

This is the ladies change room!!! They have everything you need!!! In the back,you can see the lockers. It's very private.

It's evening now...745pm ~ Just back from dinner for one. Great buffet again!! LOL I love their bulgogi...thanks Les for introducing that to me years ago. So, I enjoy my quiet meal, not to many people in there. I may have beat the rush. My coworker comes up to me and says he and his buddy drove around for 3 hrs today, being lost for 1.5 hrs of that!! LOL They looked for a pharmacy for me, but no luck. I'll have to suffer through another night of hacking. I know...poor me.

After dinner, I go to the bakery in the lobby to pick up my sandwich for tomorrow's lunch. We have to bring our own. I noticed that they had a variety of sandwiches for $5. I get there tonight, and~ low and behold all that is left is ONE wrapped sandwich.

Half of it on white bread with ham, tomato and cheese. The other half in the same wrapper is whole wheat with tuna!! I'm gonna barf. I can't stand tuna. I'm serious...it makes me want to vomit. I had to get it! I have no freaking lunch!! I think my neighbour bought one too, so maybe I'll sweet talk him into taking my tuna half!! I also bought myself a piece of banana bread. So, that may end up being my lunch, along with a can of fruit cocktail. I'll have to ask around and find out what others in the hotel are doing for their lunches.

I guess that is one advantage of staying at Krystyna's apartment. I could have done myself some groceries....but heck...why do that? I do groceries back in Canada!!!

Our work day starts at 8am. Means I will have to be up at 6am, down to breakfast and ready to meet the guys in the lobby at 7am. It is a 40 min car ride to work. I'm looking forward to my new assignment, and meeting my new team.

My time will pass quicker now that I'm off to work. I share a car with 3 others. They are all in the Training Dept, and stay at the hotel. The one guy has been here the longest.....one whole week! LOL Apparently he will be the driver. Now he's been driving in with others as a passenger, so I hope he's paid attention to the signage and knows where the heck he's going!! LOL I'll definitely be taking pics. Heard the trip from here to work is gorgeous.

Well, I've bored you enough this entry. I'm off to have a nice hot bath and try to drain these nasel passages of mine....


Take care followers.
Miss you boys....

1 comment:

  1. Awww that sucks about your sandwich hun! I hope you figure out a way to get lunches. You have a fridge in your room, you could try to shop I guess. Best of luck!
    The pics are great and it all sounds very interesting. I hope you keep taking lots of pics and writing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete