Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some pics from the air


I didn't get a window seat from Toronto/Vanc/Seoul..but it ended up being night time anyways, and you all know what a dark sky looks like!! But..I did manage to get a window seat on Korean Air flight from Seoul to Ulsan. Here are some pics of Seoul Korea.

I'm guessing rice fields?

Harbour and/or Port




Part of the city (Seoul) - mountains are gorgeous


Now some pics from Flight from Seoul to Ulsan -

Sunset June 12, 2009 approximately 645pm


Hilton Hotel - Gyeongju, South Korea

2 beds?? I guess I could have brought a friend!!! Can you guess what bed I slept in?? Yeah..it's the one that has creases!!!!! I won't bore you with more pics of the room on here. It's standard...nice, but standard. Full mini fridge, big flat screen tv..well, not as big as Les's but, big enough for me, balcony....full bath...nice tub....ya know....just a standard Hilton room...


Room with a view.....

Sitting on my nice sized balcony, I can see families have so much fun at the Family Amusement Park. It's not as big as Wonderland, but it's a fair size! Looks like fun...hmmm..wonder if I'll find someone as adventureous as me to go on the roller coasters!!!!

The mountains surrounding the park, hotel and lake are known as the Majestic Mountains. I have an awesome view.


















Decided I would venture out and suck up my sore knee, and go for a nice walk on this gorgeous Saturday afternoon, around the lake that is just near my hotel. After all, it's 78 degrees out there today!! Well I didn't go all around, but did walk for an hr...yes mom....I took breaks...and rested my knee, while enjoying the day and the view.

I'm figuring just by seeing the amusement park and a few hotels (and a 'resort'), that I am situated in a tourist area.

There is a nice walkway around around the lake that takes you through some beautiful gardens and a gorgeous view of Bomun Lake.

Paddle boats and/or a ferry...gets you across the lake.



A fountain in the middle of the lake.

Here's some history for you history buffs, about the city I am staying in.

FACT: Gyeongju is the former capital of the kingdom of Silla, which ruled most of Korea in the 7th to the 9th century. Due to a history of more than 1,000 years as the residence of Korean rulers it holds a rich heritage of sights and remains of that period. The city undertakes a lot of effort to preserve that heritage. Today's Gyeongju has a population of around 260,000, but retains a small-city feel and is fairly easy to get around. Not many foreigners make it here, so tourists should expect some attention from the locals.

ME: Attention? Oh no...I don't like attention!! ....can you sense a pinch of sarcasm.....

Tourist Information office. Why did I take this?? I love the look of the building. You can see some little kids on their ATVs. They rent them all over the place....may be an interesting thing to do.

This is just some of the pics that I have taken so far. More pics can be found on my facebook.

Now, I am going to go outside on the balcony and have a Budweiser and enjoy the view.

Til tomorrow...annyongi kasesyo (good bye).

1 comment:

  1. OMG Nic this is freaking wicked.. I bet you are loving it already.. Looks like a beautiful place.. Enjoy.. Keep the pics coming.. Love this blog idea.. I'll check in every day.... Big hugs.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete